RDRE Covid 19 Policy
Rosalie Douglas Real Estate COVID-19 Advice for the General Public
The coronavirus epidemic has affected everyone, and at Rosalie Douglas Real Estate, we’ve implemented protocols to ensure the safety of our staff and clients
Sales & Rental Inspections
When we’re inspecting your home, or conducting an inspection by appointment, you can expect the following;
- Members of the public will be excluded from inspecting if they are unwell or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- The occupant of the home will be asked to declare if they are unwell or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days. Without a positive declaration, the inspection will not proceed.
- No more than 1 group (to a maximum of 2 people) will be allowed in the property at the same time. All inspections will be by appointment only.
- Those inspecting will be asked to wear latex gloves which Rosalie Douglas Real Estate will supply
- Hand sanitiser will be made available to everyone
- Your agent will open all doors prior to the inspection to minimise the need for you to touch any surfaces
- Prospective buyers and tenants will be asked to refrain from touching surfaces
- Your agent will wipe door handles with disinfectant before leaving the premises
Rental Property Inspections
- Tradespeople attending rental properties will be asked to declare if they are unwell or have travelled overseas in the last 14 days BEFORE they attend the property
- Tenants will be asked to declare if they are unwell, self-isolating or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days to protect tradespeople attending the property
We feel for those whose livelihoods have been impacted by COVID-19 and will assist in any way we can.
Where a tenant has lost their job or had their hours and wages reduced, we will work with the tenant to help them through the issue. The final decision in regards to rent relief will rest with the owner of the property. Tenants seeking rent relief will be required to provide evidence of the change in their employment status.
It is our hope and expectation that government support will be provided to enable those tenants to continue paying, which in turn will enable the landlord to pay their costs and assist to keep Rosalie Douglas Real Estate staff in their jobs.
We have also implemented many “work from home” policies for our staff to minimise the risk to their health and safety. Our staff understand the importance of looking after themselves and their families first. We have also implemented increased cleaning policies for our office environments.
However, at Rosalie Douglas Real Estate we are committed to continuing to service our clients in the safest possible manner, and to ensure we still achieve the best possible results for our clients.
We appreciate your assistance,